Monongalia County Schools Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment in our schools and surrounding community. We are dedicated to providing our students, families and staff a safe and mutually respectful environment that is open and welcoming to individuals from all diverse backgrounds. We believe that students, families and staff should be valued for their culturally diverse backgrounds, unique strengths and diverse abilities.
The vision of Monongalia County Schools Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is to work cooperatively with families and the community to:
· Help create a supportive learning environment where all members of our school community feel free to be their true authentic selves.
· Educate students on diverse topics and issues that will prepare students to be productive citizens in a pluralistic society.
· Offer students diverse curriculum options throughout our schools
· Understand how diversity can impact a child’s emotional, physical, social, character and intellectual growth and development.
· Provide a diverse learning environment that is open and accepting to help facilitate one’s character growth and development.
The Monongalia County Schools Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee will look at 5 areas of the county. They are:
· Curriculum (Empower)
· Staff Recruitment (Accept)
· Professional Development (Achieve)
· Student Well-Being (Connect)
· Community Engagement (Value)